- Category : SERVICE
Training for Newcomers
We have taught for free Seventy-Six (76) aspiring foreign-trained newcomer architects in our practice. We have had trainees travelling to Calgary from Toronto, Waterloo, Fort McMurray, Saskatoon, Edmonton and Vancouver. We receive many applications for our free one-month training and have decided to offer it online again, free of any charge. The eligible candidates must:
1. Hold an equivalent of five (5) years or preferably a Master’s degree from a reputable university with their transcripts and degrees to be later certified by the Canadian Architectural Certification Board.
2. Eligible and willing to register with a provincial association of architects within Canada.
3. Possess a proficient command of written and spoken English, at a minimum, an IELTS score of 7.5 or its recognized equivalents.
4. Be a newcomer to Canada for less than three (3) years.
5. Have not attended a post-secondary institution in a subject related to architecture or general construction.
6. Have not held a job in architecture or general construction for more than six (6) months.
7. Eligible to legally work in Canada through being a permanent resident or on a work permit visa.
We plan to start our first one-month-long training on December 1, 2023.
If you are an eligible candidate or know someone who could potentially benefit from this training, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would like to see a cover letter, your recent resume, scanned copies of your degrees and a link to your online architectural design portfolio.